If you’re a fan of Batman then you’ve probably heard of Dr Victor Fries (pronounced freeze). He is a bad guy who Batman has to prevent from freezing the whole of Gotham City. He is a scientist and cryogenicist whose beloved wife was stricken with a fatal degenerative disease. Fries places her in suspended animation while searching for a way to cure her. But GothCorp’s CEO stopped funding the research and pulled the plug, triggering an accident that transformed Fries’ body into a cold-blooded form that must always be kept at subzero temperatures; at normal room temperature he will die.
Victor somehow survived the accident, but now his body could only survive at sub-zero temperatures. In an effort to continue his wife’s treatment, he constructs a suit which can now protect him in his altered state. He begins to rob several banks to get money but is eventually thwarted by Batman and Robin. He uses cryonic technology to create a gun, which fires a beam that freezes any target within its range. Wielding a number of freezing weapons, he wears a protective cryogenic suit in his quest to somehow restore his wife to full health and avenge her fate—which he partly holds Batman responsible for. After faking his death, Gotham City believed he was dead. During this time, Fries rearranged his costume and returned, calling himself Mr Freeze. He has some pretty impressive powers:
- Decelerated Aging – he has been soaked in the serum he intended to use for cryo-preservation and so his age progression has slowed down drastically.
- Toxic Immunity – His unique physiology makes him immune to most toxins, bacteria and viruses.
- Superhuman Strength And Durability – Freeze’s suit grants him superhuman strength and durability.
- Genius Intellect – Freeze is a scientific genius, his specialty in cryogenics. He employs an extensive array of cryo-weaponry.
- Multi-Lingual – He’s able to speak English, German, Greek and Latin.
- Mechanical Engineering – He’s a gifted mechanic, having built his Cryo Suit and Cold Gun.
- Cryogenics Expert
You wouldn’t want to pop round for a visit though as his place would be a little on the chilly side. You’d have to be sure to keep wearing a thick winter coat, a scarf, hat and gloves. And if you don’t fancy having a home that sinks to sub zero temperatures, you might want to make sure your boiler is still functioning as it should. For Woking Boiler installations, visit http://www.rjplumbingandheating.co.uk/.
But if you are caught in a subzero situation, you should make sure that as little skin is exposed as possible. Make sure that there is a good insulator placed between your body and another surface so no sitting on the floor without a mat! Wear plenty of layers and make sure you stay dry as getting wet will increase the chill factor even more. Keep your home warm this winter and don’t be like Mr Freeze!