As a dog owner whenever you have to leave your beloved friend behind perhaps for a holiday that won’t cater for dogs or a business trip where it wouldn’t be appropriate to take the dog with you, it can be an incredibly stressful time. But once you have found Dog Boarding Surrey company or one more local to you, you can start to relax a little knowing that your dog will be well looked after whilst you are away. When you are looking go to https://nestledownboardingkennels.co.uk/ for dog boarding in surrey. If you are worried about how your dog will adjust to staying in a kennels for the duration of your trip there are a few things that you can do to help:
- Ensure that you dog is up to date with all of their vaccinations well before you plan to leave for your trip especially those vaccinations that help to prevent kennel cough.
- If your dog is new to the kennel that you have chosen it may be worth contacting them to see if you can take your dog for a visit before their ‘dogcation’ so that they can see the surroundings and meet the staff. This can help to reduce their stress levels on the day that you drop them off.
- Make sure that you pack any medication that your dog may be on and leave instructions for the staff at the kennels, so they are aware of how and when this should be administered. Always makes sure you pack more than is necessary in case for any reason your dog refuses to take it from the kennel staff or you are delayed on your trip for any reason.
- If your dog has special dietary requirements make sure that you supply the kennels with enough food to last your dog the entire time that you will be away and make sure the staff are aware of their dietary requirements as a change in food can cause your dog to have stomach complaints and add to their stress levels.
- If you are worried about how your dog will cope being away from you, you may wish to pack an item of your clothing along with their favourite blanket. These will not only be items that are familiar to your dog but will also carry scents that they are fond of and that will have a calming effect on your dog.
- One last thing to make sure you inform the kennel staff about is any particular behaviours you dog exhibits. If there is something in particular they do if they are sad, scared or stressed and if there is anything that helps to make them feel better.